Monday 8 September 2014

Rimu homework

I decided on a menu to make for my Dad for fathers day.

I had for the entree garlic bread witch I made using a tortilla with fresh garlic,butter and rock salt.
I baked this in the oven.
I had to look at the recipe for the main course and see the ingredients that I needed.
We didn't have them all at home so I made a shopping list and went to the supermarket and get the stuff I didn't have.

For my main I made Bacon wrapped chicken with italian sauce.
This is the recipe I followed.

1.Preheat oven to 180 degres cesius.

2.Use a small bowl and combine breadcrumbs and pesto.

3.Put 3 pieces of chicken breast in-between 2 sheets of baking paper.

4.I used a rolling pin and flatten out the chicken.

5.Pull out the baking paper and put some pesto mix onto the chicken and flatten.



6.Roll the chicken into a tube while keeping as much pesto mix inside the chicken as possible.

7.I used 2 pieces of streaky bacon and tied it around the rolled up chicken.



8.I put the chicken onto a dish and added chopped tinned tomatos and fresh mixed  herbs.



9.I placed the chicken into the oven for 40 minutes.

10.I put 6 pieces of broccoli and some green beans into a bowl with some water. I chopped the ends off the beans before adding to the bowl.



11.I put glad wrap over the bowl and put into the microwave for 5 minutes.

12.I put half a cup of couscous into a bowl and half a cup of boiled water into the same bowl.

13.I put glad wrap over the bowl and left it to cook in the boiled water.

14.After 40 minutes I took the chicken dish out of the oven and put in on a chopping board.

15.After the couscous has finished I laid it out on a plate evenly.

16.I put 2 pieces of broccoli on each plate and some beans.

17.I cut the chicken into three pieces and put it onto the couscous.

18.I used the tomatos from the chicken dish and spooned them on the chicken I had cut and served this up.


For dessert we had some chocolate brownie and homemade plain yoghurt.



And this is my finished main meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment